Amtrak Travel Reports & Photos
Plus TrainWeb Hosted Websites
Related To Amtrak Travel
is a registered trademark of the
National Railroad Passenger Corporation.
This is an Amtrak® fan site. Use of any trademarks™ or registered® trademarks on this web site
does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by the National Railroad Passenger Corporation.
The staff of
TrainWeb and volunteers to the
American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation
have been posting rail travelogues, photos and other information related to Amtrak
to these APRHF Train Web Sites since 1996. You should always check with
Amtrak for the latest schedules,
services, equipment, etc. Information posted on the APRHF Train Web sites might not always be
up to date, especially from postings that may be from several years ago.
Click on the below image to visit our
rail magazine promotion trading partner:
Specific Amtrak Routes
Click on links below for information on each specific route including travelogues and photos:
Unofficial Rail Travel Fan Pages For Each Amtrak Route
Featuring Rail Travelogues, Photos and Other Information:
- Acela Express - Trains #2100s: Washington,DC-Boston,MA
- Acela Regional - Service on the Northeast Corridor (renamed to Regional)
- Adirondack - Train #68 & #69: Montreal,PQ,Canada to New York,NY
- Ann Rutledge - Train #303-304: Chicago,IL to Kansas City,MO
- California Zephyr - Train #5 & #6: Chicago,IL-Emeryville,CA
- Capitol Limited - Train #29 & #30: Washington,DC to Chicago,IL
- Capitols - Trains #700s: San Jose,CA-Colfax,CA
- Cardinal - Train #50 & #51: Chicago,IL to Washington,DC
- Cascades - Trains #700s: Eugene,OR to Vancouver,BC,Canada
- City Of New Orleans - Train #58 & #59: New Orleans,LA to Chicago,IL
- Coast Starlight - Train #11 & #14: Seattle,WA-Los Angeles,CA
- Crescent - Train #19 & #20: New York,NY to New Orleans,LA
- Desert Wind - Train #35 & #36: Chicago,IL to Los Angeles,CA (discontinued 1997)
- Downeaster - Train #680-689: Boston,MA to Portland,ME
- Ethan Allen Express - Trains #200s: Rutland,VT to Washington,DC
- Empire Builder - Train #7 & #8: Chicago,IL-Seattle,WA
- Empire Builder - Train #27 & #28: Chicago,IL-Portland,OR
- International - Train #364-367: Chicago,IL to Toronto,ON,Canada (discontinued 2004)
- Illinois Zephyr - Train #346-348: Quincy,IL to Chicago,IL
- Kentucky Cardinal - Train #850-851: Chicago,IL to Louisville,KY (discontinued 2003)
- Lake Cities - Train #352-353: Chicago,IL to Pontiac,MI (renamed to Wolverine)
- Lake Shore Limited - Train #48 & #49: Chicago,IL-New York,NY
- Lake Shore Limited - Train #448 & #449: Chicago,IL-Boston,MA
- Maple Leaf - Train #63 & #64: New York,NY to Toronto,ON,Canada
- Metroliner - Train #100-201: Washington,DC to New York,NY
- Mt Adams Talgo - Train #752 & #753: Seattle,WA toPortland,OR (renamed to Cascades)
- Mt Baker Intl - Train #760 & #761: Seattle,WA to Vancouver,BC,Canada (renamed to Cascades)
- National Chief - Train #15 & #16: Washington,DC to Los Angeles,CA (never implemented)
- NortheastDirect - Service On The Northeast Corridor (renamed to Acela Regional)
- Pacific Surfliner - Trains #500s & #700s: San Diego,CA-San Luis Obispo,CA
- Pere Marquette - Train #370 & #371: Chicago,IL to Grand Rapids,MI
- Pioneer - Train #25 & #26: Chicago,IL to Seattle,WA (discontinued 1997)
- San Diegans - Trains #500s & #700s: San Diego,CA-San Luis Obispo,CA (Now Pacific Surfliner)
- San Joaquins - Trains #700s: Bakersfield,CA-Oakland,CA; Bakersfield,CA-Sacramento,CA
- Silver Meteor - Train #97 & #98: New York,NY to Miami,FL
- Silver Palm - Train #89 & #90: New York,NY to Miami,FL (replaced by Palmetto)
- Silver Star - Train #91 & #92: New York,NY to Miami,FL
- Southwest Chief - Train #3 & #4: Chicago,IL-Los Angeles,CA
- Sunset Limited - Train #1 & #2: Miami,FL-Los Angeles,CA
- Texas Eagle - Train #421 & #422: Chicago,IL to Los Angeles,CA
- Three Rivers - Train #40 & #41: Chicago,IL to New York,NY
- Twilight Shoreliner - Trains #66, 67, 76: Boston,MA to Newport News,VA (replaced by Federal)
- Vermonter - Train #55 & #56: Washington,DC to St.Albans,VT/Montreal,PQ,Canada
- Wolverine - Train #350-351: Chicago,IL to Pontiac,MI
- Travelogues for Multiple Routes
TrainWeb Hosted Websites Featuring
Amtrak Travel Photos
Sorted by URL and not by title.
Photographing TRAINS Vol. 1 Amtrak's Southwest Chief by Carl Morrison (Kindle Edition)
First in a Series of Long Distance Amtrak Train Photography Guides. This book tells you where and how to make great exterior and interior train photos along the route of the Amtrak Southwest Chief Los Angeles - Chicago. . This eBook includes tips for taking photos, not only of the Southwest Chief, but of tourist trains, rail museums, and private rail cars close to the Southwest Chief route. Carl gives many suggestions as to where to eat, and where to stay along the way. Includes over 350 photos by the author from over 20 trips on the Southwest Chief to illustrate proven photo concepts. All Photographs and Text, except where noted, By Carl Morrison...
- ★ = Active website noted for volume & quality of information & photos.
- ☆ = Inactive website noted for archival information & photos.
- CLICK HERE to return to the Directory.
CLICK HERE to return to the Directory.
- All Aboooard! OhRail
Cincinnati Railway ( CNRY )
- Amtrak Schedules From 2006
For historic reference only. Used to be an online source of Amtrak schedules before Amtrak itself posted them online at Amtrak.com...
- ★ Amtrak RailFan Site
Photography travelogues by Jonathon Ortiz.
Amtrak Railfan Site
Photography Travelogs by Jonathon Ortiz including La Plata Trip Report, Chris Guenzler's Millionth Amtrak Mile Trip,
Amtrak Dome Car Interior & Exterior, Amtrak Trip To California State Railroad Museum, and Photography Portfolio.
- Amtrak in Iowa
Amtrak in Iowa.
- ☆ Amtrak Online - An Unofficial Website
Photos, Viewliner information and Roster, Trip Reports and more.
- ☆ Amtrak Photos
Pictures of Amtrak trains throughout the U.S.
- ★★★ Amtrak Photo Archive by Geno Dailey
Geno Dailey's Amtrak Photo Archive. A collection of Amtrak photos and travelogues from beautiful Upstate New York and Across America.
- ★ Andy's Journeys Through America's Backyard
Travels aboard some of Amtrak's finest long-distance trains: travelogues and photos.
- ★ American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation
Some items for sale to support the 501c3 non-profit APRHF to preserve American passenger rail heritage.
- ☆ Amtrak Prototype & Model
Train gifs, photos, models, and links.
- ☆ Andy's Amtrak Photos
Andy's Amtrak Photos.
- ★★★ Ben "Dutch" Myers Amtrak Travelogues
- ★ Stories From The La Plata Amtrak Station Caretaker
- ★ Bob Manning Amtrak Trip Report & Photos
- ☆☆☆ Railroad Crossings by Brett Wirick - Amtrak Section
www.trainweb.US/brettrw - Railroad Crossings by Brett Wirick
has been developed to help the railfan enjoy the western railroading scene. To make this easier, pages are developed following the host railroads own breakdown of its track, IE by subdivision. This segmenting applies mainly to the UP and BNSF, the dominate railroads in the west. In all cases, pictures and information are disseminated following a geographical format. This should help you to locate and duplicate what you find here on-line during your next trip...
- ★★★ Over 100 Rail Travelogues by Carl Morrison
- ★★★ Ride The Rails With Chris Guenzler!
www.trainweb.org/chris - Ride The Rails With Chris Guenzler
Chris has ridden over 1,439,000.0 miles - that is equal to over 59.96 times around the world! He has ridden trains in all 50 states and has traveled on every Amtrak route at least twice, plus all the trains of Canada's Via Rail as well as every intercity route in Canada. In Mexico he has done Copper Canyon many times plus some other special places...
- ★★★ Friends Of Amtrak
- ★★★ Rail Travel Trip Reports & Photos by Fred Dunn
- ☆ Surfliner Photos
- ★★★ Rail Travel Reports & Photos by Jack M. Turner
- ☆ Jacob's Train Pics
- ★ John Turner
- ☆ Jonathan
- ☆ Tracking Down Starlight
www.trainweb.US/joy - Tracking Down Starlight
Amtrak Coast Starlight Travelogue & Photos by Joy Basso. A train trip between Fullerton and Oakland, California on the Coast Starlight. We arrived at the Fullerton Train Station in plenty of time to take photos, read the plaques proudly displayed around the station, do some people watching and forage for a parking space in the nearby parking structure...
- ★ KenRail
- ★ Rail Travelogues by Kit Baker
- ☆ MDamtrak199 Amtrak & Freight Trains
- ☆ Rail Travel Trip Reports by Jim Nowell
- ★★★★★ On-Track-On-Line
www.on-track-on-line.com - On-Track-On-Line
Extensive Amtrak Railfan information and photos including an extensive Amtrak Photo Roster, Amtrak Travel Tips, Auto Train Tips, Amtrak Radio Frequencies, Photo Gallery, Trip Reports, Urban Transit, Forums, Chat and more...
- ★★★ Outside The Rails
- ☆ Pacific Surfliner
- ☆ Slideshows of Amtrak Travel Scenery, Trains, and More 1995-1999
- ★ Tim Helmuth's Trip Reports and Travelogues
- ★ USA Rail Guide - Amtrak Stations Database
www.trainweb.org/usarail - USA Rail Guide
Passenger Railroad Guide - An Amtrak Stations Database that includes extensive photos and information of almost all of the Amtrak Stations plus some VIA Rail Canada Stations. A Japanese Version is also provided...
|Click below for pages in the directory of TrainWeb sites:|
Why this ad?